Smokin Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I smoked a chub of bologna yesterday. This one was a five pound chub.....a bit large for me, so I cut it in half.

I poked the halves all over with a wooden skewer for more smoke/flavor penetration (and because it was fun.
biggrin.gif
)

One half was covered with EVOO and Tony Chacheres creole seasoning.

The other half with EVOO, cracked black pepper and garlic.

Both were topped with bacon (because I really love bacon).

I smoked them at 225 for about 3 1/2 hours using a small amount of mesquite.....I did not shoot for an internal temperature, I just pulled them when they looked good to me.

Supper, smoked bologna with spicy mustard, slaw, fried tatoes and onions, and my twangy green tomato dill pickles.

Sorry about the huge pictures....I'm not sure what I did wrong.
redface.gif

Great looking Qvue Cowgirl. Never would've thought of bologna, but now you've opened the bag and I'll just have to add that to the list of things I gotta try.

Thank you Dale and Charles!

I'm not a big fan of bologna, but I like it smoked or fried. I probably could have added a bit more mesquite, but overall, I like it.

Now I have to figure out what to do with 4 3/4lbs of leftovers..
biggrin.gif

Excellent! You should be able freeze your leftovers quite well. I have frozen regular bologna before and it was fine. Keith

WoW, that looks awsome. My stomach is growling. The King would be proud and probably say "Thank you, thank you very much".

Lou

LOL, thank you Lou!
Great impersonation....you sounded just like him!
biggrin.gif

Cowgirl that looks great and I love bologna. Now I have to try some just cause I would have never thought too!!!!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Keep that motor runnin!!!!!!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

Run it thru the grinder add mayo, pickle relish, chopped onion, presto blo-ney salad (some call it mock ham salad) big pile between 2 slices of bread and a cold beer and your in a redneck garden of eden.

Now I have to figure out what to do with 4 3/4lbs of leftovers..
biggrin.gif

I just checked my freezer I have room for the leftovers. Send them my way. Whoever thought something so simple could look so good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Wow....thanks folks! I appreciate the good ideas!
Maybe I could send some hunks out to you like Christmas fruit cakes.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Vlap, do I get to go to the beach with my fishing pole and rum while you cook up that bologna? lol!

We will pack a lunch and take my small grill... have a shore lunch out there while fishing. and yes we can bring the rum... sugar, mint, limes...

Dang that sounds good Vlap!
I'm freezing up here, a trip to the beach is just what I need.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I will be heading to the beach in a little over an hour ;)
I need to catch some reds so I can try flash's one eyed grandma recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky