• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smokin a nice mix today

arch_cpj

Joined Dec 26, 2005
raining out so I have a few racks of ribs a small but roast full of apple juice a couple pork steaks a large fatty and my special potatoes chopped potatoes, onions, garlic, chives, lots of butter, and as Im a relocated wisconsinite lots of shredded cheddar mixed in and topped cook at 250 until taters are done and cheese topping is nice and golden. mmmmmmmm!!! then I have a pan of baked beans cookin. oops better go mop that meat!!!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Arch, Glad to see that the weather doesn't stop you from enjoying a good time smokin'!

brianj517

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
Heck, a little wet weather isn't gonna scare off the truly dedicated... I smoked 3 beer can chickens yesterday. Two were for supper with friends the wife invited over and the extra was for her to shred up into smokey chicken salad for sammiches at lunch today. Mmmmm. Yummy!

Cheers,
Brian

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
That is quite a mixture. Sure beats sitting around waiting for the rain to stop

arch_cpj

Joined Dec 26, 2005
MMMMMMNNNN all turned out well I should have rotated one rack of ribs as they were a bit dry all others good and butt good too tomorrow I woll pull it all and simmer in apple juice / BBQ sauce and make pulled pork.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
I am in the middle of smoking 2 pork shoulders for pulled pork today too. Shall we compare notes once they are finished?

arch_cpj

Joined Dec 26, 2005
Seems like that the only way to learn. One thing Ive quickly learded is move that meat around a few times to keep everything even

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
It is a pretty tasty way of learning. I really do not mind at all, neither does my wife, kids, neighbors (got to keep them happy), out-laws oh I mean in laws, people at the office, etc

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.