smokier bacon ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Any thoughts out there on making belly bacon smokier?
Like a few hours in the cold smoker---then into the hot smoker?

Maybe gradual changes?

Maybe (with smoke) no heat for an hour, then 120 for an hour, 130 for hour, 140 for hour, 150 for hour, then go to 160 until internal temp gets to 140*.

This is just my idea----might not be good-----Any ideas out there?

Any experience?

Thanks,
Bearcarver

The lower the temperature and the longer the smoke the better. I cold smoke from 6 to 17 hours. I also do not shoot for an internal meat temperature...I don't cook the bacon, just add the smoke to the meat.

Same here... Last batch I did was almost an 18 hr smoke and the temp in the smoker never went over mid 90s.

Bacon, like most smoked meats, is not a quick thing to do. If it is, it doesn't taste good... like most pre-packaged store bacon that's flavored by liquid smoke.

-Bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky