Smoker turned off while doing a brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WarPigAlpha

Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
Hey there, I was wondering if someone could give me an opinion on this. I started smoking a 6 lb brisket last night at 11pm at 180 degrees. Woke up at 630, wrapped it in butcher's paper and turned it up to 225 degrees. I came left my house for an hour and a half, came back and had a pellet jam somehow. I cleaned everything out, fired it back up and put the brisket back on at 250 degrees. When I put the Brisket back on the traeger it was at 139 degrees. Do I toss this or would it be safe enough to eat?

You are fine to proceed. The surface and IT went over 140 and all active bacteria were killed...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky