Smoker Shopping

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I just got one of these a few weeks ago and already consider it a great improvement over the 30" MES it replaced. The only mod I have done is to ditch the included wood chip/chunk box, and the rack it sits on in favor of a 10" cast iron skillet. The skillet fits perfectly into the raised rim that encircles the brass burner, and it gets your wood much closer to the flame. When I was researching this model one of the most common complaints from owners was that this model didn't produce enough smoke. The cast iron skillet mod effectively fixes this glitch. So, go ahead and pull the trigger on purchasing the GOSM Big Block. You won't regret it.

thanks.
do you know what the INSIDE measurements are, and does yours leak smoke around the door, I know its an easy fix to seal the door, but was curious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky