Smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gy67

Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I got a Smoke Hollow #5 propane smoker for Xmas and notice while looking at other brands and models that some are insulated while others are not. Can someone here tell me the advantages or disadvantages one over the other.

Love mine so far but if having it insulated is worth the money I may invest in one now since I seem to really enjoy this hobby.

I have a Smoke Hollow Propane Smoker. It is the biggest one they make maybe the # 6? I think the insulated smokers are more for the ones with electric elements. I don't think you will have any problem with yours.

Smokin Stang-

One advantage I can see is when it gets really cold outside (like yesterday) my uninsulated ECB had a hard time keeping the temperatures up. I used a whole lot more charcol than normal.

Debi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky