Smoker/Grill for S. Florida Noob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatout18

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Miami
New to smokers but looking to purchase a high quality smoker that can be used for grilling. Wife doesn't want me to buy a separate grill and smoker. One large contraption is enough for her.

I live in South Florida and so I don't have the luxury of visting all of well known pit manufacturers in Texas. Will be relying on my research in order to find what I am looking for.

Originally was thinking about Gator Pit or Klose backyard smoker, something in the 40-48 x 20 range. But now I am thinking about getting the Klose Grill Chef Smoker because of grilling features.

Comments regarding advice or experience with this grill/smoker would be greatly appreciated. Also, do you think its worth upgrading to the 1/2 inch firebox? Even though I live in South Florida, the 1/2 inch should help regulate temperature. Thoughts? How about stainless ash pan? Finally, don't think I am going to splurge for stainless grills as it seems based on my research they aren't necessary but let me if you think I am wrong.

I have a cheap Academy smoker that is set up a little like the Klose backyard chef. It works well and is very versatile.

If I was to buy a wood smoker now, I must say, those Lang reverse flow units are awful sexy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky