Smoker getting sticky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big dave

Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
I recently smoked a brisket in my little Webber.  I used apple wood and put apple juice, apple vinegar, and water in the drip pan for moisture.  About 4 hours in my smoker started to have this sticky layer inside it.  It made it very hard to open to wood door or take off the lid.  At one point I lifted the lid and the middle part of the smoker lifted too.  It hardens when cool but when I heat it back up it becomes sticky again and I cannot get it off.  I'm actually considering pressure washing it tomorrow.  Have any of you had this problem or know why it happened or have a solution?  Thanks!

I had a Cabela's vertical smoker with a lift-off top and lift-off center, had the same problem; I'd heat it up and use a BBQ grill grill brush to take it off until it was far less.  Quick and easy fix!

yeahthat.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky