Smoker from Texas

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bigtex1118, Apr 9, 2008.

1. bigtex1118

bigtex1118 Newbie

Hello, I have been smoking meat for about two years. I have a Brinkman SNP modified pit from Wal-mart. One of my students at school is building me a bigger one from a water heater (100 gallons). I guess I could be considered a rookie.

2. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

welcome, I think this site will become a priceless tool for your adventures ahead

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow... cool! Welcome to SMF Tex. We got what you want. And visa versee! Enjoy!

4. Welcome to SMF tex...Glad to have ya aboard!!!

5. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome tex-water heater huh? would like to see pics also?

6. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Big Tex - welcome to the SMF family. If you're new to smoking definitely sign up for the free 5-day eCourse offered by the site's owner, and master smoker, Jeff. Here's a link to sign up for the course: 5-day eCourse

This is a great site to help you along the way. I owe all of my successful smokes to the information gathered on this forum. Look forward to your future posts and q-vue's!

7. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Bigtex. Just think, the world of knowledge on smoking is in this forum. Enjoy it.
    Andy.

8. bigtex1118

bigtex1118 Newbie

I appreciate you guys for welcoming me to this awesome site! I will take before and after pics of this huge water heater made into a smoker. Thanks.

9. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the site............Glad you found us................