Smoked Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goodwyne

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 20, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
After reading what everyone else has said about smoking chicken wings I've decided it's time to try it. I'm using an ECB electric with no water in the pan so I can get higher temps. I'm shooting for 325-350°. I cut the wings, discarding the wing tips and brined them over night with kosher salt, brown sugar and some assorted seasonings. Rinsed them this morning and put in the fridge for now. Had to smoke some salmon first but it's finished and in the fridge now. That's going to make some smoked salmon dip in a few minutes.

The wings are in the smoker and the smoker box is loaded up for higher temps. I mixed up some sauce using a stick of butter, a couple teaspoons Texas Pete and a little vinegar for mopping 'em. I'll have pics later if they come out good.

Ron

The salmon made some incredible smoked salmon dip and the wings were awesome. I did not manage to get the skin crispy but they were still great! Here are some pics.
a34f8be8_vbattach10603.jpg

e1ae4400_vbattach10604.jpg

hello ron
those wings and fish look awesome i think since you are using a ecb the next time you can get them crispy by putting them in the oven in the house for the last 20-30 mineutes at a temp of 325-350 any way good job
salmonclubber

Way to go Ron!!! How about sharing your recipe for the Salmon Dip with us in the Recipes forum?

Mighty fine lookin' food! 8)

I tried some smoked salmon mixed with cream cheese for the first time last weekend and I must say it was great. Much better than I had imagined. Don't know why I waited so long to try it. :oops:

I'd also be interested in hearing what goes into your dip. :D

Ooohhh. All I can say after seeing those pics is "Bagle with lox anyone?" I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a good salmon deal now.

This is my 3rd time smoking salmon and it's been greatt each time. I followed brining instructions carefully. I'll post the dip recipe when I get home but I can give you the basics now.

1 lb smoked salmon flaked
1/2 lb cream cheese
1/2 lb sour cream
1 tsp dill
4 tsp tobasco (to taste)
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp paprika

Using hand mixer, thoroughly mix ingredients until smooth.

This makes a LOT but it is pretty easy to reduce.

I found this recipe on the internet and, though it was very good, it could be better and I plan to play with it some next time.

Wanna try some wings on the CG today.Is it better to smoke em or use indirect heat?If smoking,how long do you smoke em for?
Bill

If you have a smoke box*, you can still "smoke" 'em while using indirect heat on the CG. Cook them to an internal temp of 170 degrees. I just direct grill them with a medium heat with a chip filled foil pouch. Just gotta keep an eye on 'em.

* if you don't have a smoke box, you can make a pouch out of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place you chips in a square of h/d foil, fold the foil in half and roll/crimp the three open edges closed. Poke a half dozen holes or so in the top of the pouch and place the pouch on the lit side of the grill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky