Smoked Wild Turkey w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

waysideranch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2008
Kansas
Attachment 9007

Attachment 9009
Wild Turkey shot by my 7 yr. old daughter yesterday. Soaked it in salt and Daddy Hinkle's original marinate. Wrapped in bacon. Dropped it on the Char Broil H2O. Smoked for 1 1/2 hrs. and mopped with Curley's at the end. Should have mopped a little earlier but it tasted good. Hope the q-view comes thru.

Scott
cdfb624e_vbattach17880.jpg

8c778667_vbattach17879.jpg

WR - major props for the q-vue, and bonus props to your daughter!!! If she's got a good huntin' eye then you'll be sure to have some fresh meat each season for smokin'!!

Great job!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Good looking smoke, Scott! And congrats to you for teaching your daughter the values of hunting.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Keith

Great lookin Q, wild turkey is awesome!!!

Buddy of mine makes goose wraps up for me to smoke. Breast out the goose, marinate in a soy based sause (still wont give me the recipe!) over nite. He rolls the strips of goose meat around a water chestnut, wrap in bacon and stuck with a pick. Smoked over hickory or cherry till bacon is done. They turn out great!!.

Here they are sort of bad pic not nearly as good a pic as yours, great job man!!!
Attachment 9010
fc9d0136_vbattach17881.jpg

Good looking stuff!!!

Glad I'm not the only Dad here that brings their daughters out hunting. Let her know she did good!

Newb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky