Smoked two chickens today...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote-1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
ad learned that chickens require a) a rotisserie or b) a mop.

The meat's delicious. The skin?? Tasty, but you have to chew it and spit it out. Oh well.

I've started cookin chicken hotter and it works out a lot better for me. Crispy skin. Sometimes I'll finish chicken off on the grill... really hot just to crisp the skin up.

Sounds like you need to tweak your process. Never had that problem. I smoke on a an old offset New Braunsfels and a home made gas smoker. Keep your temps on the line and the TBS flowing and you should be good. Chicken is one of the easier things to smoke up. Give some specifics on how the smoke went and maybe we can help. I have never used a rotisserie or a mop on my chicken.

Personally I brine, spritz and smoke at 325* and they seem to come out good cause no matter how many I do they seem to all disappear
biggrin.gif

I've smoked for many years. ALWAYS mopped until this time. Having read folks here who don't mop I figured I'd try it.... doubt I'll ever again forego mopping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky