• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Turtle

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
My Husband sent me this pic, thought everyone would get a kick out of it :)

4bfea307_smokedturtle6.jpg

6b4f009b_smokedturtle7.jpg

b659cdda_smokedturtle8.jpg

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
LOL.. yeah my wife found that and showed it to me the other day. Hamburger fatty.

jak757

Smoking Fanatic
Group Lead
Joined Dec 4, 2009
Oh man! I've seen those before, they look fun.  And still when I saw the subject, I thought...."some folks will smoke anything!"  I was wondering how turtle might taste smoked....

Thanks for making me chuckle!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
LOL, somebody on this forum made them.

I forgot who.

I think it was for a picnic for his kid's Tee-Ball team, at the end of their season.

Neat!

Bear

meatinc

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 21, 2010
I saw that picture too and was inspired to see if I could do it too.  Everything is better wrapped in bacon.  Here's a link:

http://meatinc.blogspot.com/2010/02/bacon-turtle.html

The main point I would emphasize is to use frozen dogs for the feet / head / tail so they don't blister and burst during the cook.  Makes em come out looking better!

Aaron

De Profundis

celticgladiator

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 17, 2010
Oh man! I've seen those before, they look fun.  And still when I saw the subject, I thought...."some folks will smoke anything!"  I was wondering how turtle might taste smoked....

Thanks for making me chuckle!
i bet it would be good smoked and then added to turtle soup.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.