• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Turkey Legs With "Final" Q-View

bhelton

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
The Smoker is on!!

Hickery loaded up inside!!

6 Turkey legs brined over night in water, brown suger, garlic, and salt!!

Will post final pics when complete!!

[hr][/hr]

bhelton

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
Hour one complete. They look dry, should I be spraying them with apples juice or water?

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Wont hurt to spray but just remember ,Everytime you open the smoker you are losing heat.

What temps are you smoking at??

bhelton

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
I have a Brinkmann Electric Smoker. It runs at about 230F with water pan half full.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I never spray my chicken legs but there is no reason why you can't. But as was mentioned above everytime you open the door you lose heat. 

bhelton

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
2 hours in and they look done. The internal temp is at 160. When I moved the probe to flip them, lots of juice's came rolling out.

Last edited:

bhelton

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
I used my regular meet thermometer and it read 160 also. But the juices ran red out of that.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
They will have a hint of red/pink because of smoking/brining them. If you are sure your thermometer is accurate and you weren't too close to a bone or anything when checking temps they are done. Probe them a few times in different spots to make sure it says 160 degrees all over. 

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great job Bhelton!

Even a good interior picture !

Thanks,

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.