Smoked three things this week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddyviking67

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 5, 2005
Milaca, Minnesota
I smoked up a chunk of pork loin and some beef roast this weekend, oh I also smoked a deer.....the bad part about the deer, is that I smoked it with my suburban, another car hit it before it flew into me, then five cars and a semi ran it over after I did---there was nothing left for me to salvage from the damn thing.
0d5b1761_vbattach10615.jpg

9fa2a963_vbattach10614.jpg

That is some good look'n loins and roast....I wonder if they make in Icon with drool dripping out of the mouth. Hey, it's a good thing that deer didn't pop up another 6 inches or you would be pulling it out of the windshield, pretty scary. We live in big timber country and it's a constant problem over here too.

Ham

I hate when deer do that. :eek Right after I got my driver's license, I was headed home from the local landfill when a deer jumped out on the road in front of me. It had just finished raining and the road was still wet. Anyhoo-the deer lost it's footing and went down and I ended up driving over the top of it. The little sucker managed to punch a hole into the bottom of my bellhousing. Hate to imangine what kind of damage it would have done if I had been driving something other that my pick-em up truck.

Nice looking roasts there bigdaddyviking-what kind of wood did you use?

I once had a deer throw itself at my stopped car! I was driving on the outskirsts of College Station many years ago and saw this little doe on the side of the access road so I slowed down. It started to come out into the road so I stoped and dimmed my lights. And then the deer threw itself at the car, fell over and died. Luckily no damage to the car, but I just couldnt' belive I mangaed to kill a deer while at a dead stop!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky