1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked three things this week

Discussion in 'Pork' started by bigdaddyviking67, Apr 9, 2006.

1. bigdaddyviking67

bigdaddyviking67 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

I smoked up a chunk of pork loin and some beef roast this weekend, oh I also smoked a deer.....the bad part about the deer, is that I smoked it with my suburban, another car hit it before it flew into me, then five cars and a semi ran it over after I did---there was nothing left for me to salvage from the damn thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That is some good look'n loins and roast....I wonder if they make in Icon with drool dripping out of the mouth. Hey, it's a good thing that deer didn't pop up another 6 inches or you would be pulling it out of the windshield, pretty scary. We live in big timber country and it's a constant problem over here too.

Ham

3. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

I hate when deer do that. :eek Right after I got my driver's license, I was headed home from the local landfill when a deer jumped out on the road in front of me. It had just finished raining and the road was still wet. Anyhoo-the deer lost it's footing and went down and I ended up driving over the top of it. The little sucker managed to punch a hole into the bottom of my bellhousing. Hate to imangine what kind of damage it would have done if I had been driving something other that my pick-em up truck.

Nice looking roasts there bigdaddyviking-what kind of wood did you use?

4. bigdaddyviking67

bigdaddyviking67 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

Hey Dutch, I used apple, hickory and a little alder.

5. jlloyd99

jlloyd99 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I once had a deer throw itself at my stopped car! I was driving on the outskirsts of College Station many years ago and saw this little doe on the side of the access road so I slowed down. It started to come out into the road so I stoped and dimmed my lights. And then the deer threw itself at the car, fell over and died. Luckily no damage to the car, but I just couldnt' belive I mangaed to kill a deer while at a dead stop!