Smoked Super Bowl Treats. Oh Yeah! Mushrooms!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
So for the Super Bowl. I decided to go with 2 things this year. Bacon wrapped portobello mushrooms and bacon wrapped Totino's puzza rolls.
Since the game is on I'm going to make this short and sweet and respond to messages later.
Enjoy.
20180204_143920.jpg Next
Two types Pizza rolls. 3 cheese and Supreme.
20180204_153123.jpg
The mushrooms. Light pepper on top. Mushrooms had the following add to the oil marinating for an hour.
20180203_213250.jpg
The finished product.
20180204_192229.jpg
The pizza rolls turned out actually good. I would do again. Nice smoky flavor to them.
20180204_192314.jpg
The mushrooms. Oh man they are good. Definitely do these again soon.
20180204_192604.jpg
One of many trips back for more.
Ranch for dipping but not wanted.
Both smoked with apple pellets.
Great appetizers for the game.

Looks like a winner, even if I don't like mushrooms

Point for sure.

Chris

Sorry for the late response - Like they say - everything tastes better with bacon. Well maybe everything. The pizza rolls turned out OK. But the mushrooms were by far the best. Thanks for the points.

Sure.
Temp was set to 265.
It took about 2 1/2 hours to get the bacon crisp. I cold smoked everything for about an hour before cooking them.
The pizza rolls were frozen when they were wrapped with the bacon. Since it was still cold out I just put them in my MES40 until I was ready to start smoking them. Probably why it took a while to crisp the bacon. The rolls were frozen on the inside. Nothing leaked out of them while cooking. I was surprised. I just did them to see how they would taste. The mushrooms turned out the best. The bella mushrooms were trimmed down on the stem so bacon would wrap right. Everything was amoked at the same time.

Looks real good from here.
The shrooms wrapped in bacon is a great idea. I'll be trying those. I'm surprised the bacon crisped up so well in a MES--I usually have to partially precook the bacon
Gary

Exactly. I was surprised that the bacon did crisp up to. Normally I to have to put in the oven to get it to be crispy with either MES I'm using.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky