Smoked stuffed Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by danj, Dec 13, 2009.

1. danj

danj Meat Mopper

I have seen stuffed mushrooms from the oven so I gotta think you can smoke them also. Has anyone done this?

2. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Do a search for them and use Erain as part of the search, he did some awsome ones.

3. smokingohiobutcher

smokingohiobutcher Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I've stuffed white button mushrooms with extra abt filling before...they came out awesome!

just give'em a try! they're delicious!
    SOB

4. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Erain did make some killer smoked portabella mushrooms. Here's the link:

Erain's stuffed mushrooms

With the holidays approaching this is definitely on my appetizer list!

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have never smoked mushrooms but then alot of things that I have seen here that I haven't smoked yet. The key works is YET. But I like the shrooms that Erain did they looked really good too specially with the marshmellows. J/k

6. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

LOL Mark, I thought the same thing when I saw the initial pics "why is he topping them with marshmellows?" (for those that have not seen the link, it was mini balls of fresh mozzeralla)

7. chef jeff tx

chef jeff tx Smoking Fanatic

I smoke shrooms all the time. I toss them with EVOO and whatever seasoning blend catches my eye that day. If I'm going to stuff them I remove the stems and place them in the smoker, on the rack cap up for about 20-30 mins to allow most of the juice to drip out. I then flip them over, add the stuffing and finish them in the oven under the broiler.

If I'm smoking them as a side dish or to make a sauce or stock with, I toss as above and put them on a sheet pan with a bit of white wine and smoke for about 20 mins if a side or until they just start to shrivel up a but if for sauce or stock. I do these on a pan in order to catch all the juices to add to the sauce/stock.

8. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

9. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I do them with my ABT's all the time. My wife can't take the heat from ABT's, so I put some of the filling in white button cap mushrooms, wrap in bacon and toss on with the ABT's. They are really, really, good! [​IMG]