Smoked Strip Steak ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

george

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 5, 2007
I am thinking of smoking strip steaks but only smoking them long enough to get a good smoke on them, then grilling them on my gas grill. Any advice would be helpful. How long should I smoke them?
Thanks
George

How thick are they? Whenever I do steaks that way I usually smoke for about 45 minutes then onto the grill or hot pan (pittsburgh blackened).
The lower temp the better. Technically you would want to cold smoke your steak then toss it on the heat but cold smoking may not be an option.
Make sure your steak isn't too close to the heat since you don't want to cook it, but I would do around 200 for 30-45 minutes depending on thickness.

Hi George! Just saw your post, and steaks have been one of my passions for the past month or so (warm smoked/seared).

Here's a link in case you haven't run accross it yet...Grilling with Smoke - Beef:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=144

Lots of good threads in there to give you some ideas where to start.

If you still need more answers, come on back.

Good smokes, my friend!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky