Smoked SPAM (hey, it's pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
I smoked a bunch of fattys and bologna (baloney down where I'm from), some taters, and a hunka hunka SPAM. Never smoked SPAM before, never thought about it really. But someone here did and planted the seed. So, I figured you never know until you try it.
Well, it is GOOD! Try it and see. Smoked 3 hours with hickory.
So tonight I chunked the hunka SPAM up into 1" cubes. Made kabobs on 10" bamboo skewers - SPAM, green pepper, Vidalia onion, pineapple chunks, grape tomatos, just what was on hand. Thought some sliced water chestnuts would have been good also, but.
Grilled 8-10 minutes, basted half with teriyaki, half with Smokyoky's sweet mustard/vinegar BBQ sauce, turned, rebasted. Sure were good!
Before grilling pics -
0b3b7e42_vbattach13988.jpg

bec77599_vbattach13987.jpg

Looks mighty tastey Mike. Looks like the SPAM took a nice color during the smoke. I gotta get me some of that and try it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky