Smoked Sirloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darence

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Kansas
Ok I am new to the site so I am not sure if this is the place for this. For special holidays and such I like to take a whole sirloin and smoke it with lots of smoke to a temp of 145. But have never realy thought about a rub for it I have done rubs for ribs and chicken but dont know what i would put on such a large piece of meat.

We just use olive oil & Montreal steak seasoning. You have a real nice piece of meat & don't want to overpower it with a lot of spices.

I've done a few of these and I simply use salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Then I wrap in plastic wrap, vacuum seal it (sucking out all of the air), and let it sit in the fridge overnight up to 24 hours.

icon_cool.gif

I like to use Saly, Pepper, and Fresh Garlic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky