Smoked Scallop Potatoes by RealBigSwede

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Did you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realbigswede

Smoke Blower
Original poster
This is an receipt that I have invented and the family love it in 10 days I have to do it 2 times.

5 Pound Potatoes (Just scrub clean)

1 large yellow Onion or  1 cup Dried onion

8-10 slices of American cheese

1 cup heavy Cream

3/4 cup Water

1 Tbs  season salt (remember that potatoes like salt)

1 Tsp Crushed black pepper

Spray olive oil

A aluminum pan or your favorite pan that is oven safe

* Set the smoker to 215-225 degree F

* Cut the potatoes in thin slices 1/8 inch and make sure they are in water or they will turn black

* Dice the onion very fine or use the dried onion (I have tried both and both is great)

* In a pot mix the cream, water and spices

* Take your pan and spray it with the olive oil

* Take a handful and spread them even in the pan

* Sprinkle on the onion

* put on 3-4 slices

* Dribble on litter of the liquid mix

* Keep on doing it until all is the ingridiences are gone

* Put in the smoker and add Apple wood chips make it very light and make sure you have a water pan in the smoker

* Smoke for 3 1/2 to 4 hours

Serve with your favorite meat (Great with ham and beef. That you can smoke and cook in the same time)

Added the Cheese I forgot to insert them, SORRY!

Cut the potatoes in about 1/8 inch, Slice the onion crossway and then use the mandolin and you have perfect chopped onion.

stuff line up for assembly Remember to flush the potatoes to get ride of most of the Starch

Potatoes spread.............................. Onion spread.................................. Cheese spread with spices.......... Drown it with heavy cream

View media item 269387 the Smoker for 3-5 hours at 225F

Last edited:
Reactions: disco
Hi Swede,

I'm bumping this up in the thread so more folks will notice, but just for future reference...

When you post your recipes be sure to post lots of Q-View describing and showing the process as you go!

We would all love to see how this comes out, so give us a show!!!  BTW, the recipe looks awesome!

Bill

Last edited:
added the cheese I forgot to post in the recipe, SORRY!

yahoo.gif
CHEESE!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky