Smoked Sausage, pulled pork, and okra gumbo w-q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lookin forward to dinner tonight, a bowl of this gumbo(which has had a couple days for the flavors to come together even more.

if she can do a good jambalaya I bet she could do a good gumbo.

the smoked sausage, and my pulled pork put this one over the top.

That looks fantastic...I'll bet the smokey pork added a great dimension!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I love a good gumbo...I make one with chicken, boudain, smoked sausage, and adouille, with onions, peppers, celery (the trinity), okra, chicken stock and my cajun seasoning that's really good. Served over some white rice with crusty bread...mmmmmm!

thanks,

you adder of boudin sausage I bet makes a nice version. gotta try that.

It really does add something. I add it towards the end, and as it breaks up, the rice in it helps thicken the gumbo a little more....I use a brand I get at the store called Zummo.......we can find it just about anywhere.

thanks for the tip, I bet that organ meat and rice adds a nice flavor for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

We hired a tech from down south last year. He treated us to homemade gumbo and a 'king cake'. It was delicious. I got the baby in the cake but I don't remember what that means.

Excellent dish, and like I said about The Saints "Laissez les bon temps rouler ".

thanks,

counting down the hours til supper.

man oh Man I miss really good bowl of Gumbo and I'm not the greatest at it yet but I'm still tring to master it. Now that gumbo from Memphis bud sounds really good too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
to both of yous guys.

thanks man,

the gumbo if possible, was even better last night after getting to sit in the fridge for 2 days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky