Smoked Salmon W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Since Carol started her diet I was thinking she might enjoy some salmon with her salad.

I had no idea it was so damned expensive. I could have gotten filet mignon for this price.

I rinsed it off and patted dry with paper towels.

Rubbed with lemon pepper and Yoshidas.

It's at 102' and the grate is 177'. I will jack temps up after a bit, as it is sweating now then spray with more Yoshidas.

Thanks for watching.

Your right about that seafood, that stuff is expensive. I bought some steaks cheaper than a piece of fish about half the size. Fish looks good.

Charlie

Looks good, Ron. What do you thin the Yoshida's with to be able to spray it?

Nice hunk of fish there Ron and I know it will be melt in your mouth good.
points.gif
for sure.

Just a few drops of water.

Just coming out.

Resting.

Carol was going to have a "taste", she couldn't stop tasting,
icon_wink.gif

It was really good.

Looks great Ron, very nice. I too can not believe how much seafood has went up, but, what ya gonna do?

You know I don't pay much attention to whats in the back of the fridge, too much stuff to move around. But just the other day, I spotted this big bottle. I asked the wench, I mean the wife what it was. She said it was a bottle of marinade. I pulled it out and it was a bottle of Yoshida!!! I could not believe it. LOL
All this time we had some and I have never used it. Can't wait to try it
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Smoked salmon is a wonderful thing. Yours looks fantastic Ron.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Pretty average price for farmed Atlantic salmon. I just cold smoked a 2 lb center cut fillet last night. Made for a wonderful breakfast this morning

Great job Ron, sounds like you're keeping Carol happy, and that's the important part.

Glad i don't really do seafood with the prices on them, bet those members from Alaska can get fresh caught that day salmon for probably a few pennies per pound.

Looks like your ship came in.
icon_wink.gif

I hope you like it.

Nice looking fish Ron.

Glad to see you finally tried some Yoshida's.....try it on other meats too Ron. I think you will like it.....LOL

I will be trying this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry you landlubbers have to pay so much for Salmon, Ron, that fish looks great, flaked out beautiful by the way. Nice job! Ok Yoshis on salmon!!! I gotta try that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky