smOked SALAD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

busters bbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Vermilion Bay Ontario
ok. Im just joking, im not smoking lettuce, today anyways

But i did find an interesting Maple syrup vinaigrette that i whipped together, then realized that means i gotta have a salad with my pizza fatty.

So i tossed some almonds in the smoker, thinking it would go good with the salad. Now thats about the extent of my salad so far, anyone have any good ideas? anyone know how brisket and maple go together?

Also I smoked my cheesy potato soup, and it was a huge hit, ive had to run two more LARGE batches in the past three days. I 80% finish it before it goes in the smoker though....oh ya and i smoke my potatoes pre-hand! time saver for sure!

Pretty soon you won't need a stove or any other cooking device. Just smoke everything! Outstanding.

I'm pretty sure this whole smoking things goes back to our cavemen ancestors.

Put me in a cave with my smoker and i'll start drawing funny things on the wall too. 8 thousand years from now, someone is going to see a picture of my WSM and a rack of ribs next to it written in charcoal on the wall, maybe even a handprint in blood for good measure. They'll be saying i wonder what B-B-Q stands for, is that some type of code?

Where i was going with all of this is, i think the comment about replacing all types of cooking with smoking is a fine assessment. If you can't smoke it, don't eat it! I think it's how our cavemen brethern would have wanted it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky