Smoked ribeyes with Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokindave

Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Beautiful Sunny Arizona
First off, I have to thank ronp for the inspiration. Every time I see his smoked ribeyes I want to try them. Well, I finally did, and the results were nothing short of fantastic!

First, the steaks. Just under a pound each:
IMG_0686.jpg

Rubbed with Arthur Bryants Beef and Pork Rub:
IMG_0687.jpg

Out of the smoker after about 45 minutes. Internal temp 125:
IMG_0688.jpg

Onto the grill for 2 minutes per side. Final temp was 138:
IMG_0689.jpg

One of them plated with a baked potato:
IMG_0691.jpg

And finally, close up of the goodness inside!:
IMG_0692.jpg

Truly these have to be among the greatest steaks I've ever enjoyed. I was surprised how much smoke they picked up in such a short time. They were a little rarer than my wife prefers, but she even said they were great. Will definitely be doing these again!

Weird, I see the pics fine with both Internet Explorer and with Google Chrome, but they aren't showing up with Firefox. Of course, I am pretty new at this. I'll figure it out!

We have been smoin ribeyes down south with pecan for some time and I agree they are wonderful. There is even a resturant 6 miles away that has based their signature dish on the smoked cajun ribeye. YUMMMMM

I tried Firefox, Google Chrome, IE8, no pics on any of them.
icon_confused.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky