smoked raccoon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

low&slow

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 10, 2007
Arlington, TX
Anybody ever smoked a coon before? Ive got a wild coon that has made the eave of my house his home. I was up there with the insurance adjuster, cause we had some hail damage. This thing came jumping out at us and liked to scared the poor adjuster clean off the roof. He got down and didnt get back up there...lol. So the coon has to go.
Im not really gonna smoke the critter. My wife would smoke me if I did. But my question is, whats the best bait to attract him into my trap?
I figure they eat just about anything....I was thinking something like marshmallows.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/ptmantx/100_2815.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/ptmantx/100_2814.jpg

The opposite sex!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Borrow a hava-heart trap and put some food in it. They usually will eat almost anything. So, go to Mickey D's and get three .69 hamburgers and it should do the trick.

I have a trap that I got from the animal control guy. He said he will come get the coon after I catch it...lol.

Yes that was my first thought, but the wife, well you know how that goes. I even thought about lassoing it, but I dunno if I want a p'd off coon attached to me, especially on the roof.

use chicken bones,go to your local KFC and get a bucket of chicken for
supper/lunch whatever??? and bait the trap with the scraps.
works every time.

Mark

I read it years ago, And yes I won't tell you I cried.
Chloe isn't really wild eyed, that was her first time getting her picture taken and she was sniffing the camera. She is more of a lover than a fighter.

We tried catching coyotes in a live trap using a live chicken (they are in a separate section....the coyote can not reach them.)
We did not catch any of the coyotes, but we caught a lot of racoons.

One friend used a hot dog tied onto a piece of string to lure a racoon out of his garage.

Are you sure you don't want my secret racoon recipe? Tastes like goose.
icon_biggrin.gif

A 22 short in the head works real good. Skin em out and throw on the grill with a little seasoning and he turn out just fine.

Never smoked one but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky