Smoked portabella mushrooms W/seafood dip and colby jack cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scrollman3

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Roberts, Wisconsin
The Mrs. love's them. I like them, but I'm not a big mushroom fan.
Everything is available at Sam's club. Very simple to do.

Large portabella mushrooms
Seafood Lover's gourmet dip (clams,shrimp,crabmeat)
colby/jack cheese

Sprinkle mushrooms with EVOO, I added a little of Jeff's rub on them.
Place in smoker for 45 minutes cap side up at 225 to to 240 degree's.
Remove, add the seafood dip and cheese, place back in the smoker for another 30 to 45 minutes.

I had some brats smoking at the same time, I wish I would have smoked the corn. A nice meal for a short smoke.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
looks buena.

Mushrooms are great on the smoker they don't take alot of smoke but do get a coating on the skin that tastes great. The stuffing will absorb more smoke than the mushroom will. Spray them with olive oil and the ske kind of sticks to it.

Hi,

I tried this last night. They came out great but I do have a question. When prepping the port. mushrooms do you scoop out the insides and leave the cap only or do you just leave them alone?

thank you,

Brian

I did some on a grill during holidays a couple of weeks ago ( no smoker available ) topped them with 2 slices of provolone cheese and served on a kaiser ... not bad at all!

Next time I will use 'fresh seafood' and make my own stuffing ...

Thanks for the inspiration !!
icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't done this yet either...key word being yet
wink.gif
but I don't think you need to scoop out the insides. Of course, cut the stem as close as far back as you can, but the gills can remain in. DO NOT wash it
icon_eek.gif
, instead take a damp paper towel and wipe the dirt off the cap and anywhere else. When you hit em' with water they slowly soak it up like a sponge.

Portabella pizza is good as well. Prep the caps, flip them upside down and spread a little pizza/marinara sauce. Layer with whatever toppings you want and top with cheese. Throw them in the oven at 375 for about 15 mins or until the cheese has melted and you've got one heck of a pizza!

Thanks for the guidance. I only used 1/2 last time so I will give the other 1/2 of the supplies a try tonight.

Take care,

Brian

Thanks Scrollman3! My 17 Y/O daughter decided a month ago she was going to become a......yes.....eek.....vegetarian!!:PDT_Armataz_01 _32: Here I am smoking all this meat and had no idea what I could make her!! Well I seen this an told her about it!!!

I did portabella's stuffed with shrimp then coverd with mozz cheese!! She loved them!!!

My condolences shorts - but don't despair... I read an article just the other day that said something like 84% of teenagers now go at least a couple of months as vetetarians, but only like 13% of them actually stick with it.

I think you need to do some ribs or maybe a brisket - bet that'll be the cure!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Man! Those look great. I haven't eaten since about Midnight last night and all this Q view and food talk is killing me.. Great inspiration Devo.. keep up the good work buster.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky