Smoked Pork Risotto

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
This is just another option for using smoked pork.
I smoked a few extra cured porkchops when I did my jalapeno cornbread stuffed ones...

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/97589/a-big-honkin-smoked-pork-chop#post_530600

heated my broth...

sauteed minced onion, and garlic in olive oil, then added the smoked pork to flavor the oil...
removed from the pan and added the rice...

Sauteed the arborio rice in the flavored oil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then added 1 cup of white wine...

added the broth 1/2 cup at a time stirring constantly until each addition was absorbed into the rice...

when the risotto became creamy I stirred in the cheese..
keeping with the smoke theme.. I added shredded smoked provolone and mozarella instead of the usual parmesan...

returned my sauteed onion, garlic, smoked pork to the risotto..

The creamy smoked pork risotto...
It was tasty!

Just another option for using extra smoked pork.

Thanks for looking!

/ message sig

Reactions: walle
I love risotto and yours looks incredible - I bet that smokey flavor was awesome

Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys! It was kinda tasty!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

dangit that looks good, i love my rissoto!!!! thks for sharing this jeanie, woulda never thought of using smoked pork... hmmm now for some leftovers...   nice job as always
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

dangit that looks good, i love my rissoto!!!! thks for sharing this jeanie, woulda never thought of using smoked pork... hmmm now for some leftovers...   nice job as always
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thank you E! It had a nice smokey flavor!
smile.gif
  Thought my arm was going to fall off while stirring but it was worth the effort. lol

Wow!

That dished up little meal looks so pretty, I wouldn't feel right about eating it.

If you believe that, just try looking the other way for a second! 
rolleyes.gif

Bear

Wow!

That dished up little meal looks so pretty, I wouldn't feel right about eating it.

If you believe that, just try looking the other way for a second! 
rolleyes.gif

Bear
as i started reading this reply from bear, before i got to 2nd line i was already thinking ya right...
icon_mrgreen.gif

As always, an excellent dish, Jeanie!  Thanks for the pics.  Made me hungry.
biggrin.gif

Jeanie - dang girl, you had me and extra cured pork chop...

This dish looks awesome as usual.

I've always been a rice challenged guy... meaning I can't cook it i a pan for $!#T... ~ how much broth do you add?

Thanks again for sharing!

Tracey

Thanks Wildflower!
biggrin.gif

lol Thanks Bear!

Thank you Meateater, Caveman and Keith!! It's good to see ya...

Tracey, I used one quart of my home canned chicken stock. I just added as much as the risotto would hold 1/2 cup at a time and stirred it in.

Probably took about 30 minutes.

With the dishes you put out Tracey, I bet your rice is wonderful too!!
cool.gif

Thanks...

I love Risotto and that looks great!  I'm gonna have to smoke up some pork loin to try that out!  A couple of questions: 

1. What is the green that I see in the Risotto?  Is that green onion?

2. With the smokey flavor from the pork AND the provolone, I'd be worried that the smoke flavor might be overpowering.  Was there a really strong smokey flavor in your risotto?

Have you ever tried using a 1/2 cup of Cognac instead of white wine at the beginning?  If you like the taste of Cognac, it provides a great flavor to the Risotto.  You have to be careful not to use too much though as it has a relatively strong taste.  I think the flavor would go very well with pork, especially if it is smoked pork.

Man, so many things to try and so little time.  I wish I could figure out how to get paid a full salary to cook various meals for myself (and the family) every day.  That's the only way I see I could come close to trying them all
icon_smile.gif

I love Risotto and that looks great!  I'm gonna have to smoke up some pork loin to try that out!  A couple of questions: 

1. What is the green that I see in the Risotto?  Is that green onion?

2. With the smokey flavor from the pork AND the provolone, I'd be worried that the smoke flavor might be overpowering.  Was there a really strong smokey flavor in your risotto?

Have you ever tried using a 1/2 cup of Cognac instead of white wine at the beginning?  If you like the taste of Cognac, it provides a great flavor to the Risotto.  You have to be careful not to use too much though as it has a relatively strong taste.  I think the flavor would go very well with pork, especially if it is smoked pork.

Man, so many things to try and so little time.  I wish I could figure out how to get paid a full salary to cook various meals for myself (and the family) every day.  That's the only way I see I could come close to trying them all
icon_smile.gif
Thanks peixegato!

The green was some green onions. The smokey flavor wasn't that strong. I added a small amount of provolone and stirred it in, then tasted before adding more. It was mild. :)

I like the sound of cognac, thanks for the tip!! Good luck to you if you give it a try!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thank you!!  I'm going to give this a try.

I hope it turns out well for ya!
biggrin.gif

That looks absolutely fantastic!!! I can almost taste it... Almost...
icon_cry.gif
Thank you Johnny! lol I would have shared... I made extra..
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky