Smoked pork rib roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kihler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Arizona
Have anyone cured and smoked a pork rib roast? You know, the type you can buy at a good meat shop. I buy several ribs and cut them into smoked pork chops. I have cured and smoked many types of pork cuts but never a bone in pork rib roast. All into info I can find about pork loin talks about Canadian bacon. Or the smoked pork chops are already processed. Any info would be helpful.    

I planned on having the butcher cut the chine bone. That way you can cut through the meat and bone. My favorite part of a pork chop is the bone. My wife eats the meat, I just eat on the bones. Do you think the brine time would be longer if the bones are on?

I planned on having the butcher cut the chine bone. That way you can cut through the meat and bone. My favorite part of a pork chop is the bone. My wife eats the meat, I just eat on the bones. Do you think the brine time would be longer if the bones are on?
If you're talking about Brine curing, the time shouldn't be any different.

If Dry curing or curing in a bag, watch for bones poking holes.

However, I agree Bone in Pork Chops have better taste than Boneless Pork Chops, but when they are cured, that doesn't hold true---Both the same IMHO.

Bear

Thanks, I think I'll go with the dry cure. It's how I do my bacon and it turns out great. I'll do both bone in and bone less for the pork roast and compare.

Thanks, I think I'll go with the dry cure. It's how I do my bacon and it turns out great. I'll do both bone in and bone less for the pork roast and compare.
Yup---Me Too--All I ever do is Dry cure with TQ.

Let me know if you agree then about the flavor of the Bone in VS the Boneless.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky