Smoked Pork Loin help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Florida
I am wanting to do one and am not understanding only cooking it to 145* or 150*? Thats what most posts have said they cooked it till, please explain how it doesnt have to be cooked to 160*?

Pande smoke it till 145* and wrap it good and cooler it, the temp will climb. Let it sit for a few hours and get the fixins ready cause it will  make you say " Damn".  Don't over salt loins, there aint no fat on them and will dry them out quick. Enjoy!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Last edited:
I have gone to 150 before before pulling and it turned out good.

Fat cap up, scored of course, and my plan is for the mid 150's myself...(doesn't always work that way), but carryover after foiling will take it to 160* or a touch over according to my probe, and I have no worries...still moist and tender at that temp.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky