smoked pinto bean enchilladas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle_lar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hennepin, Illinois
A couple weeks ago I picked up a few pounds of spare ribs on sale and wanted to make those delicous pinto beans that Cowgirl had in one of her meals.
I did up the ribs 3-2-1 and after they where cooled I striped them down and froze them, of course I sampled a few and they where great with heavy bark,
anyway, last Wednesday I took them out and made up a batch of pinto beans following cowgirls recipe. We ate to content and they where fantastic. so yesterday we have these leftover beans and decided to make some enchilladas.
here's a couple Qview of the process.
all we did was smash up the beans a little, add some cheddar and Jack and stuff the enchiladas. cover with more cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
my wife is half mexican and we have made and eaten allot of enchilladas over the years and we both agreed that these were some of the best!
thanks Jeanie, for the pinto bean and rib idea.
the beans being smashed up a bit.

stuffing and rolling

in the pan

out of the oven after about 30 min. at 350*

thanks for looking

Yum! You know yyou can't beat a good enchilada now and then. Around our house enchiladas and lasagna are the ultimate comfort food casseroles. Thanks for sharing the recipe idea, never thought to put smoked ribs in them. My wife just looked over my shoulder and say's "We really have to make these!"

Uncle Lar, that looks fantastic! I'm so glad you liked the beans. :)
I will give your enchilada recipe a try the next time I make pintos and ribs...
Thanks!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky