Smoked pineapple?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I've used a glaze on salmon of teriyaki and then covered it with some pineapple preserves and the pineapple glazed up perfectly and tasted delicious! I'm wondering if anyone has ever smoked a pineapple or pineapple half. maybe sprinkle some brown sugar on it and let it glaze up itself. Serve as a side with ham? Hey, now thinking about it, I'll bet you could stuff an ABT with a little cream cheese and pineapple, the bacon on top the sweet and the heat, I'll bet that would be good!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

• Love
Reactions: Will Squared

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
ADA, MI
That sounds really good!!! Great idea
icon_question.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
I love pineapple and will try this out on my next smoke with the brown sugar. I wonder how long you should smoke it for???

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
There is a thread buried way back there about pineapple. I think the general consensus was it was better grilled fast than it was smoked. I'll try to find the link and post it.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Not sure about duration, a lot would depend on how ripe it was. I would think you would want to do it in a pan so you don't lose a lot of the juice. I'll bet this would be good pineapple to use in Dutch's Wicked Beans! I love pineapple too, if you like salmon, try the pineapple preserves spread on a salmon filet and then smoked! It's awesome.I've also done apricot preserves and mixed in some horseradish for some bite...

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
That sounds great Cajun!! I think I might try the ABT's with pineapple too. I've grilled peaches before, but never piney apple. In the link they were talking about pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron skillet, which is how I had it growing up. One time I used apples instead of pineapple, for me it was a new plateau of upside down cakedness....
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Latest posts

Hot Threads