Smoked Picnic???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brettrose99

Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
So typically I'd get up and start smoking around 5am (earlier) for an evening meal. However, we are looking to eat around 1pm tomorrow (Dolphins game). I'm smoking two 9lb picnics. starting them now and going to smoke for the next 5ish hours until I fall asleep or the beer runs out... usually at the 5 hour mark I wrap in foil and finish off in the smoker at 225 another 4-5hours (maybe depends).. my question is if I pulled the pork tonight after smoking could I safely leave in cooler for say 6 hours until I get back home to finish off? Probably use oven for efficiency. Or do I need to refridge until tomorrow and cook longer higher in oven??? I'm in FL so my temps are about 78 overnight :) .. any help is greatly appreciated tonight! thanks all and happy new year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky