Smoked Pickled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cuervoacres

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 16, 2009
O.K Gonna see what all the talk is about..have had pickled eggs and have had smoked eggs so now is time to combine the two like others on here have done!!! Gonna smoke the eggs in the shell, then use the TH recipe for the brine,except using my wifes sliced jalapenos instead of the store bought ones.Her peppers have a litttle heat to alot of heat so the eggs should come out about right!!! Will see if I can figure out the qview function for the pics...

BA

I think you are going to enjoy the experience as well as the eggs. Keep us posted on how this goes.

Sounds like a good one don't forget lots of Qview and some directions when your done!!!!!!!!

Interesting. either of those two keep me close to sleeping in the garage at night, the combo might cause a divorce. And this time it has been working pretty good for 23 years so I will personally take a pass and see what you do

Sounds great, I hope your downwind!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

oh man would love to learn the process of this. love making home made pickled eggs. even the deal of smoking eggs period sounds delic!!!!!

O.K. Eggs on smoker...

74092423_100_1205.jpg

Eggs after smoke.(with a few appetizers!!!) 

bbb113cc_100_1210.jpg

Eggs all pickled and in fridge for a while before eating.....

079d2966_100_1212.jpg

Can't wait to see how they taste,but probably not around the smoker...LOL

BA

Hey cuervoacres, loving those last 2 centerfolds that make you say the D-word and that looks good afterwords. would like to get that recipe from you. bet that would make some D-good deviled eggs after smoking them. thanks for the pics! here is my jar pckled egg recipe.

place as many eggs as you wish to pickle and do the boiling process and remove shells of course and place eggs in pickling jar and add water to cover 1 to 2 inches above eggs. remove eggs. measure water from jar in order to replace same amount with mixture of 3/4 red wine vinegar and 1/4 water. place vinegar mixture in saucepan. for each qt of vinegar mixture add one dried red pepper, 1 clove of garlic, 4 peppercorns, 2whole cloves, and 1 inch piece of gingerroot, quartered. bring to boil, reduce heat simmer 5 minutes and let cool to room temperature.

place eggs into pickling jar. pour vinegar mixture over eggs cover tightly, let stand at least one week. open every day during first week to let fumes escape. after a week or so the odor will disappear. enjoy!  the whites turn a nice burgandy color from the red wine vinegar and they are awesome! sorry to everyone for posting a pickled egg recipe on a smoking forum but saw these pics of pickled eggs and just had to share it hehehehe! sure would love that smoked pickled egg recipe!!!!!

7cc0dda3_welcome%20to%20the%20group2.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky