Smoked onion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I was going to make csr's tonight and seen a bag of onions. Hmmmmmmm?

I cut it like a blooming onion.

Added a bit of evoo and Mad Hunkys then on the mini with the meat.

Time to sauce the ribs I but just a little on the onion.

All done.

Served with a rice side.

These onions are great.

Looks great!

We love smoking onions and other veggies (Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, etc...)

Thanks for the pics!

Smoke ON!

-Jason

Nice looking plate of food! I really like smoking my onion for beans as well!

I smoked it at 250 for 2.5 hours.

Thanks. Maybe smoked onions on my sausage. Yea

Adam that looks great,I know I will be smoking a lot this week.Getting ready for the Fourth.

Thanks for sharing Richie

Adam that looks great,I know I will be smoking a lot this week.Getting ready for the Fourth.

Thanks for sharing Richie
Thanks man, throw some onions on.

Very nice. Almost always throw an onion or two on the smoker with whatever I cook. I like to put some rub on sweet potatoes also, and throw those on. Never cut the onion like that. Usually just halved em. Gotta try that. Gracias.

NICE!!...

My Mrs. loves onions so I think I'll try a couple Vidalias sometime. Maybe dust them with a little Lawrey's season salt and have a go at it!  My wife's sister and her hubby were here for a visit a couple weekend's ago so I did some steak's, baked potatoes, and shrooms on the grill but we also picked up some sweet corn so I decided WTH... I'll do the corn in my Brinkman electric to save room on the grill. I took six ears and removed a few of the outer layers of husk on each ear then loosened the remaining husks and soaked them in a pail of cold water for about two hours. I then drained the excess water and laid them out on one of the racks of the Brinkman, which will run at about 250+ if not in a cold environment. I filled my chip pan (I use a small CI frying pan) with cherry chips and fired it up because I figure if you're gonna have heat, you might as well have smoke. I then put the whole baking potatoes on the grill over two burners on low. My Mrs. likes to coat the potato skin with EVOO and then give them a good shake all over with Sea salt. I rotated the corn and potatoes after about 45 min or so and topped the chip pan in the Brinkman off. I fired up my smoker can I use on the grill and put the steaks and shrooms on about 20 min later. By the time the steaks were ready, the husk on the corn had blackened up nice and the potatoes were tender.

Now... I kinda had my doubts if there would be any noticeable smoke flavor to the corn. I wasn't sure if it would able to penetrate the few thin layers of husk I left on because they were damp when I put them on but everyone (myself included) could notice a subtle hint of smoke in the taste and my sister in law stated that it was the best roast corn she had ever eaten. So yes my fellow Smokesters, it does pay to experiment!

And KUDOS to c farmer for bringing us this thread!

SMB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky