Smoked NY Strip to welcome in 2017 (Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chew2475

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 28, 2014
Connecticut
So had some beautiful weather in the 50's in CT today so decided to do a little surf and turf.  Took out some NY Strips and Shrimp.  Smoked the NY Strip with cherry wood for 30 minutes and then finished off in my new cast iron pan a couple minutes on each side.  Once removed added some butter, garlic and shrimp and sautéed till done.  All turned out great.
Kept it simple with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and let sit out for an hour.

Into the Smoker at about 200 to 225

After 1/2 an hour with Cherry Wood they were at 130.  Little higher than I wanted as temp slipped up to 250 on me.

Into the cast iron for a brief sear on each side.

NY Strip out and shrimp, butter, and garlic in for a brief sauté.

Last shot after rest and sliced.  Like I said closer to medium than the medium rare I wanted but still super moist with a great smoke flavor and the wife and 6 and 3 year old gobbled it up.

Thanks for looking.

Nice save!  I love strips and know what it's like to let em get away.  Those look great!  
points1.png

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky