Smoked Meats and other treats on the fourth

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snowdog71

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado Springs
So I smoked my first baby back ribs instead of ( boiling or baking before grilling) WOW They were awesome, I kept a log while I smoked, so I know what I did, how I did it, and I know what i want to do to make them better next time, instead of mustard and rub the night before, I want to try rubbing the day of, less mustard, sweeter rub, a little longer in the foil, and does anyone throw theirs on the grill at the end to crisp them up or should there be enough bark after 2-2-1 method? I also smoked a few brats sliced up and sauced them for snacks, hot and teriyaki wings, some gluten free mac and cheese and fried zucchini, I cooked enough food to feed a small army, hoping there would be leftovers
45.gif
 and for once there was. So last night I threw the ribs in a baking dish with my leftover pork juice(from the smoke) apple juice and a little BBQ sauce, heated them up in the oven, and they were even better than the day before. Thanks for all the advice SMF

Thanks guys, I have already learned enough, through SMF to make some pretty good vittles in a way i never have, I cant wait to get good at this craft, if your ever in the springs look me up the best thing about cooking is feeding family, friends, and perfect strangers, plus im sure i could get some great tips of the trade. Happy Smokin Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky