Smoked meat question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rob989_69

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Rochester NY
On a recent trip to Montreal I had the pleasure of eating their "smoked meat" it tastes VERY similar to Corned beef but I was wondering if anyone here has actually tried to make it themselves. And if so, how you did it.

rob989_69;  it's not corned beef, nor is it Pastrami, it's smoked beef and it is great.  I'm working on a new recipe and after I try it, I would be happy to share it with you.  I'm from Buffalo, way back when

It depends how they marinated the meat before smoking it, as to the taste experience you had.  They may very well have made corned beef out of brisket before smoking, unless you ask them, you will never know.

music-064.gif

grilling_smilie.gif

canada-flag-14.gif

I have never had it and research reveals little about what the major players do. Some recipes are more Herbal than Pastrami. Others include more spices like Fennel, Celery Seed and some others with Pepper and Coriander...JJ

It you can nail the recipe you would be a hero ....Montreal smoked meat is amazing !!! But I have yet to see anything that matches the taste and texture of it ... May the force be with you !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky