Smoked Italain Beef Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
InDiana
I love to smoke for these sandwiches. I took a big rump roast the night before..............showered it with Soy and Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, ground pepper and lemmons.

meat10034eb.jpg

Wrapped it in foil all night. Then the next morning smoked it with cherry on 225 for about 8 or 9 hrs.

meat10040wx.jpg

Then let it cool down so I could slice it paper thin. Right before I took'em off, I made some nice beef sauce.......using a pack of Au Jus, beef bouillon and pepper.

imga0301ny4.jpg

imga0300bz1.jpg

While it was cooling, my wife fried onions and green peppers in butter, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.

After I sliced it, she took italian bread..........sliced in halfs..........placed them on a cookie sheet .........put the sliced beef on first........2nd, the onions and green peppers.............then a mound of sliced moz cheese..........then broiled them open till the cheese melted and the bread crusted.

meat10065br.jpg

Ok put'em together, get some peperoncinis, chips and dip those beauties in the awesome beef sauce.

Enjoy,
Brian

I think I just found my replacement for French dip sammiches! Great post and pics, gypc!!

Brian, I'm Die'n if I'm Lie'n.. Those sammies look great. I'm having mouth orgasms just looking at the sammies.

Joe

Okay, I was thinking yesterday of grilling some italian sauages, with peppers and oinions. I think this beats my sandwhich hands down. Beef sammies on my next off day

Awesome! You all will have to let us know when ya try'em.

Also, if ya want an even more beefy'er taste, soak the sliced beef in some of that sauce for awhile before ya make the monster.......even over night (if ya can wait) and I can't! :lol:

Peace,
Brian

Hey guys.............this is the one I have. [web:32dbbc05e1][/web:32dbbc05e1]

I just made this. It is awesome. I used a 2.75 lb eye of round because I could not find a rump. Otherwise I followed what you described as to the spices, sauces, and smoke wood. I smoked the beef to 150F, foiled, wrapped and rested while I cooked the Au Jus and peppers and onions. Sliced beef, built sammies, broiled. Heaven on a plate. I can't say enough good things about this recipe. It has made the familie's "You've got to do this again" list.

To gypc - thanks for sharing.

To everyone else - this is worth your time to try.

Enthusiastically,

Meowey

P.S. - Sorry no pics. We ate the evidence!

Hey meowey, couldn't have said it better. Glad ya digg'em!! :D

Jumpin' Jimminy Crickets, Brian.... What an awesome recipe - great photos too. Boy oh boy that just looks awesome! It sure does help having a meat slicer, don't it? And I'm a lover of pepperoncinis too. I love eating them with Genoa salami/ Cappacola ham and provolone hogies.

Well, I got a couple of london broils in the freezer - they make great sammies whenever I have some leftover the next day. So guess what we're havin on Saturday to go with all the college football action!?!?!?!?!?

Woo-Hoo!!!!! Go Georgia Bulldogs!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky