smoked hot wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnyreb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2005
SC
who says you cant have crispy skin on smoked chicken? 8)

i smoked these with oak on my gosm at 350 with a full water pan and basted them with my hot sauce mix every 15 mins for an hour and a half.
the sauce was cooked on and they crisped up great, i dont like soggy hot wings and the oak flavor was great

crazyhorse,

Those look delicious! I like them spicy with blue cheese dressing to dip them in, and of course, cold foamy top adult beverages to wash them down.

Have not cooked any in the smoker, only in the oven. But will have to try smoking them.

Dan

Very nicely done, Crazyhorse!

Smokes wings are one of my favorite snacks. And I agree with you that higher temps for crispier skin is a must. I smoked my first batch at the traditional low temp 225* to 230* and ended up with very leathery skin. Since then I have been smoking wings at around 350* and getting much better results! I love crispy chicken skin! Try using 100% apple wood or a 75/25 mix of apple and maple woods for a different flavor. I have foud it to be a bit lighter and sweeter than oak.

Cheers,
Brian

Great looking wings!

I haven't done wings in the smoker yet but I love them on the grill. I'll have to give it a go soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky