Smoked HamBalls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
Here are the Ham Balls that I smoked on christmas eve day. Suprisingly it did not make too big of a mess in the smoker. Next time I do these I will not add the sauce while in the smoker, it kind of carmelized them a bit. I did inject half of them with the sauce before starting which kept them moist. And I did notice the ones on the bottom rack got cooked a little more than the others. Bigger ham balls are a must too. I made these too small. Everyone was suprised at how well they turned out though. Definetly will be trying this again in the near future.

The meat is a ham, beef mixture, and some spices. and the sauce is basically tomato soup & brown suger. I will dig the recipe back out and post it in here. The are very yummy!

Those look great. Reminds me of the barbeque meatball recipe I have (ground beef though). I haven't smoked em yet, but I think I will now. I'll post the recipe in the beef forum. Thanks for the pics

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky