Smoked ham and relish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boardjockey

Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Memphis,TN.
This past weekend my wife and I smoked 2 hams which turned out phenomenal, but what made it so good, besides the perfect smoke was the relish I made to serve with them and wanted to pass it on. We have since used this on several different things including brisket.

12 sweet dried red peppers - not the completetly dehydrated type
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow pepper
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar - but I would use slightly less
1/2 cup honey

Slightly char sweet peppers in a pan and blanche in cold water, then mince. Roast bell peppers over open flame until blistered on the surface. Place in cold water to chill. Peel bell peppers and chop into small pieces. Place in large bowl. Add sweet peppers, honey and vinegar. Stir together and let sit in refrigerator overnight to let the flavors mingle.

It's very simple and great with just about anything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky