Smoked German Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenmirrors

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to properly smoke pork chops, German style?

I have a pork loin that I intend to slice into medallions 1" thick and I would like to prepare them reasonably authentically.

I've been looking around
icon_eek.gif
since I didn't get any suggestions from the forum. I think I will brine the chops and then smoke with apple wood. Smoked German pork chops are subtle, so I think that will work well. I will let you know how it goes and maybe Q-view it too.

The only German PC I've ever had or made were on the stove. But if you want them to be authentic, wear your ledderhosen, unt zauf ein bier.

Prost!

Is this what you are looking for?

German-Style Cured Pork Chops (Gepockelte) Prep Time: 2 Hours
Servings: 4-6 pounds
Ingredients
Loin or rib chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick
1 tablespoon Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Tender Quick[emoji]174[/emoji] mix or Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Sugar Cure[emoji]174[/emoji] (plain) mix per pound of chops Directions
Rub Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Tender Quick[emoji]174[/emoji] mix or Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Sugar Cure[emoji]174[/emoji] (plain) mix throughly into pork chops. Place meat in "food grade" plastic bag. Tie open end. Let cure in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Before cooking, rinse chops under running water to remove excess salt.
Brown chops in lightly greased skillet. Add 1/4 cup of water. Cover tightly and simmer until done, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Smoke instead of cooking.

I was hoping to do them in the smoker. I will experiment and let you all know how they turn out this weekend.

Thanks RonP for the suggestion...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky