Smoked Flank Steak and Stuff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zeeker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Smoked a Flank steak a while back with only Black Cherry and LLMc was looking for a post on this, so I obliged. Here you go bud...

Put them in the marinade for 8 hours before the rub...

ABT Fix'ins

Brought her to 145*. the family wanted it medium. I personally would
bring it to 127/130 med rare. Never piss off the wife...lol

Zeek, everything looks fantastic! The abts are cooked perfect and the cold beer is making my mouth water. lol Well done!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Great job on smoking that flank steak, and everything else looks real tasty too. Congrats.

is that the same thing as a flat iron steak? If so, I got a bunch of them in the freezer. They were about to expire. So now I'm the proud owner of over 20 lbs of them at 99 cents/lb. I've grilled them and they have been great. Was wondering about smoking them.

That all looks so good, the steak juicy and the ABTs are done to perfection... Definitely an "attaboy" on that smoke...

WOWthat looks good so good that you have to get some
points.gif
for all of that. Just totaly awesome there zeeker.

Great post Zeek.
Everything looks absolutely delicious, Powdered Toast Man was looking on to make sure everything was perfect.

Hmmm...after seeing this, I'm gonna look and see if any stores around here carry flanks...don't remember seeing them, but then again I never looked 'cause the wife said they're pretty steep on price for that cut........sigh...still, I gotta look!

Nice smoke!

Eric

Flank steaks (and skirt steaks) out here are generally around $5.99/lb, I can get T-bones & Porterhouses for that price, and NY Strip for almost half that.

A PriceRite store just recently opened here, they had Flank steaks for $2.99/lb, Skirt steaks were also $2.99/lb, Sirloins $1.99/lb and Beef Tenderloins and Boneless Ribeye roasts were $3.99/lb--so I stocked up--the freezer is nearly full!

JDSmith, I could be wrong but think Flat Irons may be from the TriTip? Not positive.

EDIT: The Flat Iron steaks are from the shoulder top blade, I think the upper front of the carcass; the flank steaks are from the lower rear half.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky