Smoked Flank Steak and Stuff

Discussion in 'Beef' started by zeeker, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Smoked a Flank steak a while back with only Black Cherry and LLMc was looking for a post on this, so I obliged. Here you go bud...

Put them in the marinade for 8 hours before the rub...

ABT Fix'ins

Brought her to 145*. the family wanted it medium. I personally would
    bring it to 127/130 med rare. Never piss off the wife...lol

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Zeek, everything looks fantastic! The abts are cooked perfect and the cold beer is making my mouth water. lol Well done![​IMG][​IMG]

3. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Oh yeah Zeek, that all looks wonderful [​IMG]. I haven't had flank steak in a while.

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great job on smoking that flank steak, and everything else looks real tasty too. Congrats.

5. jdsmith

jdsmith Smoke Blower

is that the same thing as a flat iron steak? If so, I got a bunch of them in the freezer. They were about to expire. So now I'm the proud owner of over 20 lbs of them at 99 cents/lb. I've grilled them and they have been great. Was wondering about smoking them.

6. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very jealous right now.Top notch and you got some veggies too...love the veggies......and meat[​IMG]

7. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That all looks so good, the steak juicy and the ABTs are done to perfection... Definitely an "attaboy" on that smoke...

8. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOWthat looks good so good that you have to get some [​IMG]for all of that. Just totaly awesome there zeeker.

9. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great post Zeek.
    Everything looks absolutely delicious, Powdered Toast Man was looking on to make sure everything was perfect.

10. cajunsmoke13

cajunsmoke13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks awesome Zeek, as always. Nice looking smoker you have there.

11. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hmmm...after seeing this, I'm gonna look and see if any stores around here carry flanks...don't remember seeing them, but then again I never looked 'cause the wife said they're pretty steep on price for that cut........sigh...still, I gotta look!

Nice smoke!

Eric

12. Flank steaks (and skirt steaks) out here are generally around $5.99/lb, I can get T-bones & Porterhouses for that price, and NY Strip for almost half that.

A PriceRite store just recently opened here, they had Flank steaks for $2.99/lb, Skirt steaks were also $2.99/lb, Sirloins $1.99/lb and Beef Tenderloins and Boneless Ribeye roasts were $3.99/lb--so I stocked up--the freezer is nearly full!

JDSmith, I could be wrong but think Flat Irons may be from the TriTip? Not positive.

EDIT: The Flat Iron steaks are from the shoulder top blade, I think the upper front of the carcass; the flank steaks are from the lower rear half.

13. forktender

forktender Meat Mopper

Awesome !!!!
    That looks so good.[​IMG]