Smoked/dried fruit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike1ranger

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Northern MN
-28 deg. F has me sitting by the fire reading a book snacking on some flavorless store bought trail mix. And I had a thought: could a guy effectively smoke/dry blueberries, bananas, pineapple, etc. along with some nuts and make some trail mix that actually has flavor?

Anybody smoke/dry fruit, especially blueberries? Got a freezer full and planned some for some venison wild rice blueberry brats but have plenty so my mind is wondering...would it work?

-28 deg. F has me sitting by the fire reading a book snacking on some flavorless store bought trail mix. And I had a thought: could a guy effectively smoke/dry blueberries, bananas, pineapple, etc. along with some nuts and make some trail mix that actually has flavor?

Anybody smoke/dry fruit, especially blueberries? Got a freezer full and planned some for some venison wild rice blueberry brats but have plenty so my mind is wondering...would it work?

Never tired smoking fruit, but was thinking about cold smoking some raisins. Sounds kinds strange, but curious...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky