• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Cream Cheese is SOOOOO Good!!!

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Hey @jcam222 I bet if you popped a couple blocks in the toaster after you smoked them, you know kind of like a reverse sear, it would give them a nice crunch and add an additional flavor dimension sure to blow your guests away. I will let you give it a shot first. I guarantee it wont even make a mess!! :emoji_laughing:
Air fry it

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Hey @jcam222 I bet if you popped a couple blocks in the toaster after you smoked them, you know kind of like a reverse sear, it would give them a nice crunch and add an additional flavor dimension sure to blow your guests away. I will let you give it a shot first. I guarantee it wont even make a mess!! :emoji_laughing:
Oh man you are cracking me up. That’s hilarious.

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
I smoke cream cheese! Wife makes a cheese ball with it! Turns out really good!

Someone on this forum smoked cream cheese with Everything Bagel seasoning. That looked good!
my wife makes cheese balls this time of year I’m now going to have to have her make one for me out of smoked stuff!!

PS thanks for post this Jeff!

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Jeff,
How about cold smoking (no heat) the cream cheese? Would you not get the same results?

Craig

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Jeff,
How about cold smoking (no heat) the cream cheese? Would you not get the same results?

Craig
Craig,

If you’re just using it for something else and don’t need it to be soft and warm inside, then no problem at all.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I've had the smoked cream cheese in pork shots , and it's really good . I almost like it best cold the next morning .
My next batch will include mixing in some shredded cheddar, jalapeño perhaps, onions, maybe mix the seasoning into the cheese, as you can see the wheels are still turning.
I did a block this morning . Man it's good like this . I remembered your comment about mixing something in next time . So I opened the top after smoking and mixed in some of the rub I used and mixed it up . Pretty good , but I'm thinking do this as it's smoking . The outside acts as a bowl . When it gets soft mix in whatever . Then let it smoke some more . Maybe mix around a couple times as it's smoking . I had it half eaten by the time I thought about it .
20211017_124353.jpg

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.