Smoked Chicken Wings -3ways w-pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Smoking some chicken wings for he early game today. Going to smoke them, then toss them on the Weber kettle to crisp em' up.

My rub applied right before putting them on the lower rack of the WSM.

Gonna coat some with a korean wing sauce I made, some with a basic texas Pete & butter sauce, and some plain.

Using RO lump, and hickory

wings on the WSM:

more pics to follow

It all sounds really good there jim. So I guee I'll have to stop back in for the finished product.

what Im fixin to be drinking.. pineapple infused Grey Goose:

I also mentioned the chix is on the bottom rack, a chuckie resides on the top rack of the WSM:

lol, Im not much of a vodka drinker(more bourbon & tequila), but I had a couple shots of the pineapple vodka and it was good.

wings were even better. Ghe korean sauced wings were the favorite. The finishing them on the kettle really packs some flavor, and crisps the skin. pics downloading now.

the korean sauced wings were the best wings I have ever done/eaten. the smoking then grilling is the trick. Plus that korean sauce with the serrano peppers, and loads of hot sauce, garlic, ginger, etc is popping.

wings on the weber kettle:

texas pete style/korean style/plain:

close up of the korean sauced, and t-pete:

thanks for looking, still got a chuckie doing its thing on the WSM.

Great looking chix man!

With the brand you're drinking, you will not have any issues with a hangover lol -sounds really good together with the pineapple.

thanks martin. the wings were a really good snack, and the vodka has been good as well.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Everytime I see wings I get hungy! I really like the looks of the korean wings! Do you have a certain recipe that you would like to share? (Stomach rumbling)

korean wing sauce is:

sweet, and then an afterkick of heat.

Last edited:
thanks folks,

I did the korean style double deep fried before, and while they were good, they are no match for the smoked then grilled version.

actually just drank the vodka straight up.

wings were on for about 90 minutes, tested one for doneness before I finished them on the grill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky