Smoked Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Hey Smokers,
The wife and I had several of the neighbors over for dinner last night. I smoked a butt with some of Fl. Jeff's finishing sauce, did some ribs and what turned out to be one of the best entrees .... some skinless boneless chicken thighs. I got the thighs at Sam's club. They were nice large ones in a tray that probably weighed about 6-7 lb. I used a recipe out of Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook (p 104). Basically, the recipe calls for marinating the thighs in italian dressing overnight, applying rub and smoking with a combo of hickory and cherry. We served several sauces on the side including a sticky red rose sauce (also in Dr. BBQ's book) and some of Fl. Jeff's mustard base sauce. It was absolutely delicious. So, if one day you're wondering what to smoke, try the chicken thighs. They were the hit of our party.

An absolute delicacy in MHO!
wink.gif

Hi bwsmith

I got my thigh recipe from Chatham Artillery BBQ book , pretty close to the same as yours . Next time I do chicken I'll try and get chicken quarters ( thighs & legs ) bigger pieces to work with .

happy smoking

h .

I really like chicken marinaded in Italian dressing. It is what I usually use on my chicken halves. Even if you don't marinate them I like to use it as a binder for the rub on them similiar to using mustard on ribs and stuff like some of you do. Good stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky